Monday, February 15, 2010

Home at last

Drove home from Glenwood Springs today. Had a lovely trip, but didn't do nearly as much walking today as I did yesterday.

I spent some time this evening working on playing with the pokewalker and doing research. Bulbapedia is a amazing resource. Through playing with the device, I've determined that its rather diabolical, in that you can find better and better Pokemon on your route the more steps you do in a particular day. For example, I'm currently on the Pretty Seaside Route and at the start of the day I can find low level Woopers and Sunkern, but if I walk 5000 steps, I can find Staryu and Psiduck (which are better Pokemon).

Also, you earn access to new routes by walking and earning watts, not playing the normal game (there are some special things you can do in the regular game to earn a new route, but they are not part of normal gameplay). I picked up the regular game to offload a couple Pokemon today, but all I've done it play with the walker.

Also, I did find myself tapping my foot on the ground attempting to get the pokewalker to register more steps so that I could go fight/capture more Pokemon when I wandered upstairs to get a drink (it is 200 steps to earn enough watts to attempt to capture one).

No comments:

Post a Comment