Tuesday, February 9, 2010

First Impressions

Ok, so today, I figured I had enough calibration data and cracked open the game. No the Pokewalker didn't come magically loaded with pokemon (though that would make my life easier). I spent about 1/2 hour playing the game; it's amazing how much text you can skip and still understand what is going on. To get farther in the game, I will have to start reading things. Right now, I'm slowly sounding out words if I think someone is saying something of interest. We'll see how long I can do that without getting into trouble.

I haven't managed to get the pokewalker working yet. I think I need to capture a second pokemon, and then access my PC (it's a pokemon thing to call every computer/terminal in the game "my PC"). Thats the best I can figure out from the instructions in the book. If I get really stuck, I'll spend some time and actually do a decent translation the applicable couple of pages and see if I can grok anything else from the text.

Anyway, it's time for bed. I'm making good progress in the game, and will do a little research online tomorrow to determine what steps I need to complete to use my pokewalker. Although, Pokemon's first two towns or two are generally set up as tutorials that introduce one piece of the game at a time (and that piece isn't accessible until I go through the tutorial). So I might just get an event where the pokewalker is explained to me and I'm instructed how to activate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment